We have had to change the way that some of our services operate to meet the guidelines set out by the government in response to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Each property is supplied with two recycling boxes which are emptied weekly.
Households are provided with both a small food caddy to use in the kitchen and a larger food waste bin to store outside. The large food waste bin will be emptied weekly.
Most households are provided with a wheeled bin for any general household rubbish that cannot be recycled. This will be collected fortnightly.
Properties that aren’t suitable for wheeled bins are provided with seagull proof sacks and in almost all cases will receive a weekly collection.
If you are missing any of the containers you can get a free replacement.
If you live in a block of flats please see the flats and communal collections page.
- Book a slot a the tip (recycling centre)
- When is my bin collected?
- What to do with garden waste
- What can I do with bulky waste?
- What goes in my bin?
- My bin hasn't been collected
- Get a clinical or sharps waste collection
- Where are the recycling banks?
- Get a new/replacement bin
- Flats and communal collections
- Recycle electrical items
- Get an assisted collection
- How can I reduce my waste and save money?
- Commercial waste collections
- Recycling card and paper
- Recycling Metal
- Recycling Glass
- Litter and litter bins
- Visit Plymouth Energy from Waste Facility and Combined Heat and Power Plant
- Where does my recycling go?
- Bin lookup