We have had to change the way that some of our services operate to meet the guidelines set out by the government in response to the Coronavirus pandemic and to provide additional support for those affected.
Each property is supplied with two recycling boxes which are emptied weekly. To maximise space in your recycling boxes, make sure you flatten cardboard boxes and squash plastic bottles.
Households are provided with both a small food caddy to use in the kitchen and a larger food waste bin to store outside. Please put all your food waste in the food waste bin – local research has shown that up to 20% of what people have been putting in their general household rubbish bin is food waste, which could have gone in their food waste bins.
The large food waste bin will be emptied weekly.
Most households are provided with a wheeled bin for any general household rubbish that cannot be recycled. Please ensure that you put any recyclables in the correct containers as this will free up space in your bin – local research has shown that up to 50% of what people put their household rubbish bins in Torbay could have been recycled.
This will be collected fortnightly.
Properties that aren’t suitable for wheeled bins are provided with seagull proof sacks and in almost all cases will receive a weekly collection.
If you are missing any of the containers you can get a free replacement.
If you live in a block of flats please see the flats and communal collections page.
- Christmas refuse and recycling
- Book a slot a the tip (recycling centre)
- When is my bin collected?
- What to do with garden waste
- What can I do with bulky waste?
- What goes in my bin?
- My bin hasn't been collected
- Get a clinical or sharps waste collection
- Where are the recycling banks?
- Get a new/replacement bin
- Flats and communal collections
- Recycle electrical items
- Get an assisted collection
- How can I reduce my waste and save money?
- Commercial waste collections
- Recycling Metal
- Recycling Glass
- Litter and litter bins
- Visit Plymouth Energy from Waste Facility and Combined Heat and Power Plant
- Where does my recycling go?