We remove general household waste once a fortnight and recycling once a week on a scheduled collection day. If you think we've missed your bin, please tell us after 6pm on the day of the collection (due to crew finishing times) and within 48 hours of the collection day, so we can investigate. If appropriate, we'll arrange another collection.
Waste and recycling collection times can vary throughout the day, so please do not report a missed collection until after 6pm on the day of the collection.
We may not have collected your bin because:
- It wasn't left out on time. See when is my bin collected?
- You've put the wrong materials in your bin. You may have a sicker/tag on your bin or recycling container. See what goes in my bins?
- Your bin was too heavy.
- Our vehicle has broken down.
- Bad weather stopped us collecting your bin.
- Your road was blocked and this stopped us from collecting your bin
- Your road was blocked and this stopped us from collecting your bin. In the event of blocked access, SWISCo will firstly re-attempt collection at least twice on the scheduled day of collection. If this is unsuccessful, return the following working day and re-attempt collection. If collection has still not been possible, alternative smaller recycling and waste vehicles will return to complete collection.
Once reported missed collections should be re-scheduled and collected within two working days. Please ensure that you leave your bin out for collection once you have reported it missed.
If you have previously reported your missed collection and it has not been collected within two working days please contact us on 01803 701310.
Do not use this form unless you are making a new report.
Only one type of missed collection can be reported at a time - if you need to report more than one type of collection please complete this form and you will be given the option to make another request afterwards.
Report a missed Bin Collection
If you think we've missed your garden waste collection you must tell us within 48 hours. Once you have told us we will then arrange another collection.
- Book a slot at the tip (recycling centre)
- When is my bin collected?
- What to do with garden waste
- What can I do with bulky waste?
- What goes in my bin?
- My bin hasn't been collected
- Get a clinical or sharps waste collection
- Where are the recycling banks?
- Get a new/replacement bin
- Flats and communal collections
- Recycle electrical items
- Get an assisted collection
- How can I reduce my waste and save money?
- Commercial waste collections
- Recycling Metal
- Recycling Glass
- Litter and litter bins
- Visit Plymouth Energy from Waste Facility and Combined Heat and Power Plant
- Where does my recycling go?
- Recycling Blog
- Recycling Support Coordinators