We have had to change the way that some of our services operate to meet the guidelines set out by the government in response to the Coronavirus pandemic.
It’s estimated that the UK uses over half a million tonnes of metal packaging in a year. Think about it – from the baked bean tins in your kitchen cupboard to the biscuit tin in the lounge and the deodorant sitting in your bathroom cabinet - we make contact with metal packaging every day of our lives.
- Flatten tins and cans to save space
- Rinse out food tins then pop the lid inside
- Remove plastic caps from air fresheners, aerosols etc.
- Scrunch foil into a ball to save space
- Wipe clean and rinse foil takeaway containers
What to recycle
- Air freshener, deodorant and shaving foam aerosols (Empty and recycle plastic lid).
- Tins for sweets and biscuits (Wrappers in bin, the tin can be recycled).
- Kitchen foil (Rinse the foil then scrunch it up and recycle).
- Food tins (These are all recyclable; just give it a quick rinse (labels can be left on)).
- Drink cans (Rinse it out).
- Foil takeaway trays (Rinse them out so there is no left over residue).
- Some small electrical items
- Metal lids and caps from glass bottles and jars (It’s best to leave the lids on the tins/jars as they are easily separated from the glass to be recycled).
What not to recycle
- No dirty foil
- No crisp packets and sweet wrappers
- No laminated foul or plastic pouches
- No metal containers for chemicals
- No metal kitchenware
- Where is the tip (recycling centre)?
- When is my bin collected?
- What to do with garden waste
- What can I do with bulky waste?
- What goes in my bin?
- My bin hasn't been collected
- Get a clinical or sharps waste collection
- Where are the recycling banks?
- Get a new/replacement bin
- Flats and communal collections
- Recycle electrical items
- Get an assisted collection
- How can I reduce my waste and save money?
- Commercial waste collections
- Recycling card and paper
- Recycling Metal
- Recycling Glass
- Litter and litter bins
- Visit Plymouth Energy from Waste Facility and Combined Heat and Power Plant
- Where does my recycling go?
- Bin lookup