If you have any small electrical items that you no longer use or are broken, you can now recycle them via your recycling box at home.
Just put them into a carrier bag and leave for collection with your recycling boxes. Alternatively, you can take your small electrical items to the Household Waste Recycling Centre.
You can recycle:
- Mobile phones
- Remote controls
- Small radios
- Electronic toys
- Games consoles
- Small power tools i.e. drills
- Hairdryers, hair straighteners and curlers
- Electric toothbrushes
- Hair trimmers and shavers
- Christmas lights
Some charities in Torbay also accept donations of unwanted electrical items - please see the Donate bulky and electrical items section on the bulky waste page. There are also a number of other places that will accept batteries for recycling.
|Boots||Union Street, Torquay TQ2 5PS|
|Brixham College||Higher Ranscombe Road, Brixham, TQ5 9HF|
|Churston Ferrers Grammar School||Greenway Road, Churston Ferrers, Brixham, TQ5 0LN|
|Drowers of St Marychurch||83 Fore Street, St Marychurch, Torquay, TQ1 4PY|
|Living Coasts||Torquay Harbourside, Beacon Hill, Torquay, TQ1 2BG|
|Paignton Zoo||Totnes Road, Paignton, TQ4 7EU|
|Richards TV||108 Reddenhill Road., Babbacombe, Torquay, TQ1 3NT|
|Torquay Tourist Information Centre||Vaughan Parade, Torquay, TQ2 5JG|
- Book a slot at the tip (recycling centre)
- When is my bin collected?
- What to do with garden waste
- What can I do with bulky waste?
- What goes in my bin?
- My bin hasn't been collected
- Get a clinical or sharps waste collection
- Where are the recycling banks?
- Get a new/replacement bin
- Flats and communal collections
- Recycle electrical items
- Get an assisted collection
- How can I reduce my waste and save money?
- Commercial waste collections
- Recycling card and paper
- Recycling Metal
- Recycling Glass
- Litter and litter bins
- Visit Plymouth Energy from Waste Facility and Combined Heat and Power Plant
- Where does my recycling go?
- Recycling Blog