We have had to change the way that some of our services operate to meet the guidelines set out by the government in response to the Coronavirus pandemic.
If you have any small electrical items that you no longer use or are broken, you can now recycle them via your recycling box at home.
Just put them into a carrier bag and leave for collection with your recycling boxes. Alternatively, you can take your small electrical items to the Household Waste Recycling Centre.
You can recycle:
- Mobile phones
- Remote controls
- Small radios
- Electronic toys
- Games consoles
- Small power tools i.e. drills
- Hairdryers, hair straighteners and curlers
- Electric toothbrushes
- Hair trimmers and shavers
Some charities in Torbay also accept donations of unwanted electrical items - please see the Donate bulky and electrical items section on the bulky waste page. There are also a number of other places that will accept batteries for recycling.
|Boots||Union Street, Torquay TQ2 5PS|
|Brixham College||Higher Ranscombe Road, Brixham, TQ5 9HF|
|Churston Ferrers Grammar School||Greenway Road, Churston Ferrers, Brixham, TQ5 0LN|
|Drowers of St Marychurch||83 Fore Street, St Marychurch, Torquay, TQ1 4PY|
|Living Coasts||Torquay Harbourside, Beacon Hill, Torquay, TQ1 2BG|
|Paignton Zoo||Totnes Road, Paignton, TQ4 7EU|
|Richards TV||108 Reddenhill Road., Babbacombe, Torquay, TQ1 3NT|
|Torquay Tourist Information Centre||Vaughan Parade, Torquay, TQ2 5JG|
- Where is the tip (recycling centre)?
- When is my bin collected?
- What to do with garden waste
- What can I do with bulky waste?
- What goes in my bin?
- My bin hasn't been collected
- Get a clinical or sharps waste collection
- Where are the recycling banks?
- Get a new/replacement bin
- Flats and communal collections
- Recycle electrical items
- Get an assisted collection
- How can I reduce my waste?
- Commercial waste collections
- Recycling card and paper
- Recycling Metal
- Recycling Glass
- Litter and litter bins
- Visit Plymouth Energy from Waste Facility and Combined Heat and Power Plant
- Where does my recycling go?