If your item is in good condition why not give it to someone who could use it?
If your items are unsuitable for re-use, you can take them to the tip (recycling centre) for disposal.
If you're not able to take large items to the tip (recycling centre) yourself, you can ask TOR2 to pick the items up for a small charge.
We can collect:
- bed bases
- household furniture including wardrobes
- white goods e.g: fridges, freezers, washing machines, cookers, dishwashers, tumble dryers
- electrical goods
- garden waste
We can not collect:
- hazardous waste (in any form including liquid)
- flat/plate glass
- broken mirrors/mirrors from built in wardrobes*
- oil (cooking, car, diesel)
- paving slabs
* Mirrors on wardrobe doors/wall hanging mirrors (must be wrapped in newspaper and taped down to prevent shattering when crushed).
To book a collection or to discuss your requirements if you do not see an item on the list please contact TOR2 on 01803 701316.
|Item||Charge||Charge for additional items|
|Bed - single without mattress||£28||£10|
|Bed - double without mattress||£28||£10|
|Bed - king or larger without mattress||£28||£10|
|Bed - single with mattress||£28||£10|
|Bed - double with mattress||£28||£10|
|Bed - king or larger with mattress||£28||£10|
|Chest of drawers - 3 single drawers||£28||£10|
|Chest of drawers - 3 double drawers||£28||£10|
|Chest of drawers - 4 single drawers||£28||£10|
|Chest of drawers - 4 double drawers||£28||£10|
|Chest of drawers - 5 or more single drawers||£28||£10|
|Chest of drawers - 5 or more double drawers||£28||£10|
|Dining table - 4 seater or smaller||£28||£10|
|Dining table - 6 seater||£28||£10|
|Dining table - 8 seater||£28||£10|
|Dining table - 10 seater or larger||£28||£10|
|Domestic waste (up to 8 bags)||£28||£2 for each extra bag|
|Fridge or freezer||£30|
|Mattress - double||£28||£10|
|Mattress - king or larger||£28||£10|
|Mattress - single||£28||£10|
|Radiator - double panel||£28||£10|
|Radiator - single panel||£28||£10|
|Sofa - single standard armchair||£28||£10|
|Sofa - standard 2 seater||£28||£10|
|Sofa - standard 3 seater||£28||£10|
|Sofa - standard 4 seater or larger||£28||£10|
|Wardrobe - triple door or larger||£28||£10|
|Wardrobe - single||£28||£10|
|Wardrobe - double||£28||£10|
|Wardrobe - glass or mirror door||£28||£10|
|Item||Base charge||Charge per square foot/metre|
|Carpet (in square metres)||£10||£2|
|Shed (in square feet)||£10||£1.50|
Carpet charge example
5m x 4m = 20m2
£10 + (20 x £2) = £50
Shed charge example
6ft x 4ft = 24 ft2
£10 + (24 x £1.50) = £46
Collection days and times
Bulky item collections are made between 7:30am and 4pm as follows:
- Torquay - Mondays and Thursdays
- Paignton and Brixham - Tuesdays and Fridays
Collections that consist of just garden waste can only be arranged for collection on a Wednesday. For more details visit the Garden Waste page.
Items for collection should be left outside the property and preferably within the boundary of the property in a safe area. Staff are not permitted to enter the property to remove items for collection as they are not insured to enter dwellings.
Only items that have been specifically pre-arranged for collection will be taken for disposal. If any additional items are required to be disposed of as part of this collection, arrangements must be made with us prior to the driver arriving for collection.
If you have unwanted furniture and electrical items, don’t dump them, donate them!
There are lots of charity shops in Torbay that accept good quality items (the charities with a * also collect electrical items). The following will collect for free:
Recycle and reuse websites
Other websites can help you find someone locally who is looking for good quality furniture or other items:
- Where is the tip (recycling centre)?
- When is my bin collected?
- What to do with garden waste
- What can I do with bulky waste?
- What goes in my bin?
- My bin hasn't been collected
- Get a clinical or sharps waste collection
- Where are the recycling banks?
- Get a new/replacement bin
- Flats and communal collections
- Recycle electrical items
- Get an assisted collection
- How can I reduce my waste?
- Commercial waste collections
- Recycling card and paper
- Recycling Metal
- Recycling Glass
- Pledge to Compost
- Waste Disposal
- Litter and litter bins
- Visit Plymouth Energy from Waste Facility and Combined Heat and Power Plant