For further advice on how to reuse and recycle other unwanted items visit Recycle Devon's Recycling A to Z.
If your items are unsuitable for re-use, you can take them to the recycling centre for disposal.
For a small charge, items that you may find difficult to take to the recycling centre yourself, can be collected. Details of what can and cannot be collected, together with associated charges are listed below.
We can collect:
- bed bases
- household furniture including wardrobes
- white goods e.g: fridges, freezers, washing machines, cookers, dishwashers, tumble dryers
- electrical goods
- garden waste
We can not collect:
- hazardous waste (in any form including liquid)
- flat/plate glass
- broken mirrors/mirrors from built in wardrobes*
- oil (cooking, car, diesel)
- paving slabs
* Mirrors on wardrobe doors/wall hanging mirrors (must be wrapped in newspaper and taped down to prevent shattering when crushed).
To book a collection or to discuss your requirements if you do not see an item on the list please contact SWISCo on 01803 701316.
|Item||Charge||Charge for additional items|
|All white goods||£30||N/A|
|Garden waste for up to 8 bags||£12||£1 per additional bag|
|Refuse sacks (up to 8 bags non recyclable black bag)||£28||£2 per additional bag|
*All white goods are chargeable per item and are not covered by the £10 additional item.
|Item||Base charge||Charge per square foot/metre|
|Carpet (in square metres)||£10||£2|
|Shed (in square feet)||£10||£1.50|
Carpet charge example
5m x 4m = 20m2
£10 + (20 x £2) = £50
Shed charge example
6ft x 4ft = 24 ft2
£10 + (24 x £1.50) = £46
Collection days and times
Bulky item collections are made between 7:30am and 4pm as follows:
- Torquay - Mondays and Thursdays
- Paignton and Brixham - Tuesdays and Fridays
Collections that consist of just garden waste can only be arranged for collection on a Wednesday. For more details visit the Garden Waste page.
About your collection
Items for collection should be left outside the property and preferably within the boundary of the property, in a safe area. Staff are not permitted to enter the property to remove items for collection, as they are not insured to enter dwellings.
Only items that have been specifically pre-arranged for collection will be taken for disposal. If any additional items are required to be disposed of as part of this collection, arrangements must be made with us prior to the driver arriving for collection.
- Book a slot at the tip (recycling centre)
- When is my bin collected?
- What to do with garden waste
- What can I do with bulky waste?
- What goes in my bin?
- My bin hasn't been collected
- Get a clinical or sharps waste collection
- Where are the recycling banks?
- Get a new/replacement bin
- Flats and communal collections
- Recycle electrical items
- Get an assisted collection
- How can I reduce my waste and save money?
- Commercial waste collections
- Recycling card and paper
- Recycling Metal
- Recycling Glass
- Litter and litter bins
- Visit Plymouth Energy from Waste Facility and Combined Heat and Power Plant
- Where does my recycling go?
- Recycling Blog