Please help us to reduce litter across the Bay by:
- Putting your litter and chewing gum in bins provided
- Take your litter home if there isn't a litter bin or the bin is full
- Take unwanted items to the Recycling Centre (HWRC)
- Cleaning up after your dog
- Tell us if someone drops litter
Reporting overflowing litter bins
It’s now easier than ever to report overflowing bins. If you’re out and about, all litter bins across the Bay have a unique QR code that you can scan with your phone and it will take you directly to the reporting form.
If the overflowing bin is reported before 8.30pm, we will aim to empty the bin within two hours on the day. If it is reported after that time, we will empty it the next day.
You can also report litter on roads and pavements.
Report litter on a road or pavement
Paying fixed penalty notices
Fly-tipping, littering and failing to clear up dog poo are all environmental crimes and you could be liable to pay a fixed penalty notice of between £80 and £400. We now have an enforcement team employed by National Enforcement Solutions that will issue fixed penalty notices to anyone caught committing one of these environmental crimes.
Services provided by SWISCo
As well as removing litter and emptying bins SWISCo also carries out the following on our behalf across Torbay:
- Clean town centres daily
- Remove fly tipping from our land
- Beach cleaning
- Remove and dispose of dead animals on the road or pavement
- Book a slot at the tip (recycling centre)
- When is my bin collected?
- What to do with garden waste
- What can I do with bulky waste?
- What goes in my bin?
- My bin hasn't been collected
- Get a clinical or sharps waste collection
- Where are the recycling banks?
- Get a new/replacement bin
- Flats and communal collections
- Recycle electrical items
- Get an assisted collection
- How can I reduce my waste and save money?
- Commercial waste collections
- Recycling Metal
- Recycling Glass
- Litter and litter bins
- Visit Plymouth Energy from Waste Facility and Combined Heat and Power Plant
- Where does my recycling go?
- Recycling Blog
- Recycling Support Coordinators