Properties that aren’t suitable for wheeled bins are provided with seagull proof sacks and in almost all cases will receive a weekly collection.
Please make sure that all waste is in tied bags so that the collection crew can lift them out.
- Items that can’t be recycled
- Black plastics
- Pet litter and waste
- Nappies and hygiene waste
- Plastic wrapping e.g. cling film and plastic bags
- Wrapped, broken glass
- No loose waste - please put waste in tied bags
- No food waste - please use your food waste collection
- No items collected for recycling - please use your recycling containers
- No garden waste - please see what shall I do with my garden waste?
- No hazardous waste e.g. asbestos or plasterboard - please use a private contractor or the recycling centre
- No hypodermic needles and clinical waste - contact us regarding clinical waste
- No rubble, earth and stones - please use a private contractor or the recycling centre
- No DIY waste - please use a private contractor or the recycling centre
- No engine oil, paint or chemicals - please use a private contractor or the recycling centre
- No bulky household waste - please see what shall I do with my bulky waste?
- Electrical items or equipment - please use your recycling collection or the recycling centre
- Book a slot at the tip (recycling centre)
- When is my bin collected?
- What to do with garden waste
- What can I do with bulky waste?
- What goes in my bin?
- My bin hasn't been collected
- Get a clinical or sharps waste collection
- Where are the recycling banks?
- Get a new/replacement bin
- Flats and communal collections
- Recycle electrical items
- Get an assisted collection
- How can I reduce my waste and save money?
- Commercial waste collections
- Recycling Metal
- Recycling Glass
- Litter and litter bins
- Visit Plymouth Energy from Waste Facility and Combined Heat and Power Plant
- Where does my recycling go?
- Recycling Blog
- Recycling Support Coordinators