We have had to change the way that some of our services operate to meet the guidelines set out by the government in response to the Coronavirus pandemic and to provide additional support for those affected.
The wheeled bin should only be used for items that cannot be recycled or composted. Collections are fortnightly.
Wheeled bins must be out for collection on the edge of your property by 6am on your collection day.
Over 50% of what Torbay residents put into their wheeled bins is recyclable using the current services, with food waste making up 20% of the total weight sent for disposal.
- Items that can’t be recycled
- Black plastics
- Pet Litter/waste
- Nappies and hygiene waste
- Plastic wrapping e.g. cling film and plastic bags
- Wrapped, broken glass
- No food waste - please use your food waste collection
- No items collected for recycling - please use your recycling collection
- No garden waste - please see what shall I do with my garden waste?
- No hazardous waste e.g. asbestos or plasterboard - please use a private contractor or the recycling centre
- No hypodermic needles and clinical waste - contact us regarding clinical waste
- No rubble, earth and stones - please use a private contractor or the recycling centre
- No DIY waste - please use a private contractor or the recycling centre
- No engine oil, paint or chemicals - please use a private contractor or the recycling centre
- No bulky household waste - please see what shall I do with my bulky waste?
- Electrical items or equipment - please use your recycling collection or the recycling centre
- Book a slot at the tip (recycling centre)
- When is my bin collected?
- What to do with garden waste
- What can I do with bulky waste?
- What goes in my bin?
- My bin hasn't been collected
- Get a clinical or sharps waste collection
- Where are the recycling banks?
- Get a new/replacement bin
- Flats and communal collections
- Recycle electrical items
- Get an assisted collection
- How can I reduce my waste and save money?
- Commercial waste collections
- Recycling card and paper
- Recycling Metal
- Recycling Glass
- Litter and litter bins
- Visit Plymouth Energy from Waste Facility and Combined Heat and Power Plant
- Where does my recycling go?