We provide free collections of certain types of clinical waste from residents.
If you are under the care at home of a health professional it is the responsibility of your health professional to remove clinical waste that results from medical treatment being provided by them. Please contact your doctor, nurse or primary carer to arrange this service directly with them.
If you are treating yourself at home the following types of waste do not require a separate collection and can be disposed of with your general rubbish. Please ensure the following items are placed in a securely tied bag in your general rubbish container:
- Home dialysis kits
- Incontinence pads
- Medical packaging
- Nappies and sanitary items
- Peg'/stomach feeding items
- Stoma or catheter bags
- Ulcer and other dressings
For other clinical waste items, including sharps, the Council may be able to provide a free collection service. Sharps items include:
- Blood sugar test needles and strips
- Glass insulin vials
- Insulin pumps
- Needles and injection cartridges
- Short plastic feeding tubes
- Used and unwanted medical syringes
- Other contaminated medical items
To request a confidential clinical collection from your household please contact TOR2 on 01803 701316.
Sharps Collections are made on a Monday. Requests taken before noon Thursday will be Collected the following Monday. After noon Thursday, collections will be made the Monday after. Bank Holiday Mondays are not affected, and these will continue as normal.
Residents are able to request replacement or additional sharps container. Following a request containers take 5 working days to delivered. If you requested a new container over 5 working days ago and it has not yet been delivered please call 01803 701316 to report this.
In all cases waste containers are for collection of household waste materials by TOR2 only and should not be requested for any other purpose.
Drugs or other Pharmaceutical products
These items should be returned to your pharmacist for disposal.
- Christmas refuse and recycling
- Where is the tip (recycling centre)?
- When is my bin collected?
- What to do with garden waste
- What can I do with bulky waste?
- What goes in my bin?
- My bin hasn't been collected
- Get a clinical or sharps waste collection
- Where are the recycling banks?
- Get a new/replacement bin
- Flats and communal collections
- Recycle electrical items
- Get an assisted collection
- How can I reduce my waste?
- Commercial waste collections