If your item is in good condition why not give it to someone who could use it?
If your items are unsuitable for re-use, you can take them to the tip (recycling centre) for disposal.
If you're not able to take large items to the tip (recycling centre) yourself, you can ask TOR2 to pick the items up for a small charge.
We can collect:
- bed bases
- household furniture including wardrobes
- white goods e.g: fridges, freezers, washing machines, cookers, dishwashers, tumble dryers
- electrical goods
- garden waste
We can not collect:
- hazardous waste (in any form including liquid)
- flat/plate glass
- broken mirrors/mirrors from built in wardrobes*
- oil (cooking, car, diesel)
- paving slabs
* Mirrors on wardrobe doors/wall hanging mirrors (must be wrapped in newspaper and taped down to prevent shattering when crushed).
If you do not see an item on the list please contact TOR2 on 01803 701316 to discuss your requirements further or to book your collection.
|Item||Charge||Charge for additional items|
|First item||£15||£5 per additional item *|
|Fridge or freezer||£15||N/A|
|Three piece suite||£22.50||N/A|
|Garden waste||£6 for up to 8 bags||£1 per additional bag|
|Shed (base only)||£13||N/A|
|Shed (roof or side)||£5||£5|
|Refuse sacks (non recyclable black bag waste)||£17.50 for up to 5 bags||£3|
* Fridges, freezers and 3 Piece Suites are all chargeable per item and are not covered by the £5.00 additional item mentioned.
Collection Days and Times
Bulky item collections are made between 7:30am and 4pm as follows:
- Torquay - Mondays and Thursdays
- Paignton and Brixham - Tuesdays and Fridays
Collections that consist of just garden waste can only be arranged for collection on a Wednesday. For more details visit the Garden Waste page.
Items for collection should be left outside the property and preferably within the boundary of the property in a safe area. Staff are not permitted to enter the property to remove items for collection as they are not insured to enter dwellings.
Only items that have been specifically pre-arranged for collection will be taken for disposal. If any additional items are required to be disposed of as part of this collection, arrangements must be made with us prior to the driver arriving for collection.
If you have unwanted furniture and electrical items, don’t dump them, donate them!
There are lots of charity shops in Torbay that accept good quality items (the charities with a * also collect electrical items). The following will collect for free:
Recycle and reuse websites
Other websites can help you find someone locally who is looking for good quality furniture or other items:
- Where is the tip (recycling centre)?
- When is my bin collected?
- What to do with garden waste
- What can I do with bulky waste?
- What goes in my bin?
- My bin hasn't been collected
- Get a clinical or sharps waste collection
- Where are the recycling banks?
- Get a new/replacement bin
- Flats and communal collections
- Recycle electrical items
- Get an assisted collection
- How can I reduce my waste?
- Commercial waste collections
- Recycling Metal
- Recycling Glass