We want Torbay and its residents to thrive.
Torbay is at the beginning of a once in a generation period of transformation, with exciting multi-million-pound projects happening across Torquay, Paignton and Brixham.
We are investing a lot in our:
- Local economy
- Culture and heritage
This will give people spaces to thrive and opens up more job and training opportunities. It will future proof the area for generations to come.
Working with TDA we have put in place a strategy to transform Torbay’s town centres to:
- Create a much better customer experience
- Provide a sharp focus for ongoing regeneration work
- Place an emphasis on placemaking
- Encourage more quality developments
- Bring a range of benefits to Torbay
- Drive further investment
The Strategy complements our:
- Economic Strategy and Local Plan
- Culture Strategy
- emerging Destination Management Plan and Neighbourhood Plans
- the completed town centre masterplans and Torbay Harbours masterplan.
Our regeneration plans are based on what residents, businesses and investors have said they want to see. Each of our regeneration projects will help to:
- Increase footfall and visitors to our town centres
- Improve journey times and access into and around Torbay
- Improve the cultural and tourism offer
- Grow skill levels and job opportunities
Learn more about all of the projects happening in Torquay.
- Accelerated Projects
- Agatha Christie artwork
- Core Public Realm (GPO Roundabout)
- Edginswell Business Park
- Edginswell Station
- Stronger Future
- The Strand (Debenhams)
- The Strand Harbour Public Realm
- Torquay Towns Fund
Learn more about all of the projects happening in Paignton.
- Future High Streets Fund
- Paignton and Preston Seafront Masterplan
- Torbay Road and Station Square
- Victoria Centre
- Paignton Picture House
- Garfield Road
We have plans to enhance Brixham in line with the Brixham Peninsula Neighbourhood Plan.
The harbour and town centre car park are two areas earmarked for regeneration.
Torbay is an outstanding place to live, work and visit and since January 2022 a forward looking, positive and compelling story of the Bay has been developed by a partnership of enthusiastic Torbay organisations and businesses. The Torbay Together Partnership have been speaking with partners, businesses and residents from across the Bay to understand what makes Torbay and it’s three towns of Brixham, Paignton and Torquay unique.
Whilst a magnet for tourists, the beautiful Tor Bay and its stunning natural environment also hosts hi tech businesses and a vibrant arts and cultural scene. This all fits together amongst its incredible coastline and countryside.
The Torbay Together Partnership want to:
- Put Torbay on the map.
- Highlight the great things about the area and talk about the opportunities that are on offer.
- Attract investment, inspire future generations, create jobs and attract funding from Government.
Discover more about the Torbay Story and download Our Torbay Story Book
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 01803 926310
- Open spaces
- Torbay Lottery
- Tor Bay Harbour
- Museums and theatres
- Community Partnerships
- Armed forces and veterans
- Filming in Torbay
- Torquay Harbour Webcam
- Population Statistics
- Apply to hold an event on our land
- Building stronger communities
- Venue hire
- Drinking water taps
- Climate change
- Public toilets
- Flying a drone
- Torbay stands with Ukraine
- Essential information for Ukrainian guests
- Food For Good Torbay
- Bay of Lights Trail
- The Coronation of King Charles III
- Torbay on the Move