Thanks to the fantastic effort of Torbay residents, 42% of the waste collected was recycled last year. Sadly we are still sending over half of our waste to landfill, costing Torbay Council over £3 million, and causing harm to the environment.
By tackling our waste through reducing, reusing and recycling, we can all do our bit to help conserve natural resources, reduce the impacts of climate change and save money that can be put towards providing other vital services in Torbay.
Love Food Hate Waste
What would you do with £720 a year? You can save as much as £60 per month by throwing away less food. For more information visit the Love Food Hate Waste website or down load the app.
The Love Food Hate Waste app will allow you to easily keep track of food planning, shopping, cooking meals and making the most of leftovers. It also has great recipe ideas and tips for using forgotten foods and leftovers to make great tasting meals.
- Where is the tip (recycling centre)?
- When is my bin collected?
- What to do with garden waste
- What can I do with bulky waste?
- What goes in my bin?
- My bin hasn't been collected
- Get a clinical or sharps waste collection
- Where are the recycling banks?
- Get a new/replacement bin
- Flats and communal collections
- Recycle electrical items
- Get an assisted collection
- How can I reduce my waste?
- Commercial waste collections
- Recycling Metal
- Recycling Glass