We are registered as a ‘data controller’ under the Data Protection legislation as we collect and process personal information about you as the service user.
We process and hold your information in order to provide public services. These notices explain how we collect, use and share your information.
We need to collect and hold information about you, for a variety of reasons including:
- the delivery of public services
- confirming your identity to provide some services
- contacting you by post, email or telephone
- understanding your needs to provide the services that you request
- understanding what we can do for you and inform you of other relevant services and benefits
- obtaining your opinion about our services
- updating your customer record
- helping us to build up a picture of how we are performing at delivering services to you and what services the people of Torbay need
- processing financial transactions
- preventing and detecting fraud and corruption in the use of public funds
- allowing us to undertake statutory functions efficiently and effectively
- making sure we meet our statutory obligations including those related to diversity and equalities.
If we don't have enough information about you we may not be able to provide our services to you effectively.
How we protect your information
We are committed to ensuring that any personal data we hold about you is kept safe and secure.
- Paper records are kept in secure buildings and offices
- Electronic records are kept on secure IT systems
- Staff receive regular data protection training
- We will not keep your information longer than it is needed
At any time you can request to have a copy of the information we hold about you, and if you feel the information we process about you is incorrect you can request to have it corrected or deleted. If you wish to exercise any of your rights please contact us.
Contact Information Compliance
- How the council works
- Get a job working for us
- Leader of the Council
- Get in touch
- Voting and elections
- Finance and budgets
- Plans, policies and strategies
- Information and data
- Civic Mayor
- Brixham Town Council
- Pay an invoice
- Performance Management
- Fraud within or against the council
- Fit for the future
- 0-19yrs Integrated Commissioning Project
- New Town Councils
- Preparing for Brexit
- Achievements, Honours and Awards