The current processing time for new applications and changes to council tax is an average of 8 weeks. If you contact us with a general enquiry online we will reply to you within two working days.

If you have adapted your home because someone living with you has a disability, you may be able to get your council tax reduced to a lower band. If your home is in the lowest band you could still get a reduction.

The property must be the main home of the disabled person.

The adaptions to the property must be essential or of major importance in meeting their needs and include at least one of the following:

  • An extra bathroom or kitchen that is used by the disabled person
  • A room other than a bathroom, kitchen or toilet, that is predominantly used by the disabled person
  • Enough floor space and widening of doors to allow use of a wheelchair indoors

We will visit before we make a decision on whether we can award a reduction.

If you get a disabled person's band reduction you can still apply for other discounts.

  Tell us there have been adaptions to a property