If you think you may qualify for a reduction in your bill you need complete an application. To falsely claim a reduction is a criminal offence.

If you receive a discount or exemption, we are required by the Council Tax regulations to review entitlements periodically to ensure the discount or exemption is still relevant.  
You have a legal duty to tell us of any changes in your circumstance which may affect the amount of council tax you pay. Failure to inform us within 21 days could lead to a financial penalty or prosecution.