If you think you may qualify for a reduction in your bill you need complete an application. To falsely claim a reduction is a criminal offence.
You have a legal duty to tell us of any changes in your circumstance which may affect the amount of council tax you pay. Failure to inform us within 21 days could lead a financial penalty or prosecution.
- 25% discount for people who live alone
- Someone has died
- Reducing the bill for people who have a low income
- All students, school leavers, apprentices and trainees
- All people receiving and giving care
- Someone is severely mentally impaired
- Disabled person’s band reduction
- Someone has been in the care of Torbay Council
- Unoccupied, empty and uninhabitable properties
- Second homes, holiday homes, caravans and boats
- Information on other way to reduce a bill