We have had to change the way that some of our service operates to meet the guidelines set out by the government in response to the Coronavirus pandemic and to provide additional support for those affected.
If you think you may qualify for a reduction in your bill you need complete an application. To falsely claim a reduction is a criminal offence.
You have a legal duty to tell us of any changes in your circumstance which may affect the amount of council tax you pay. Failure to inform us within 21 days could lead a financial penalty or prosecution.
- 25% discount for people who live alone
- Someone has died
- Reducing the bill for people who have a low income
- All students, school leavers, apprentices and trainees
- All people receiving and giving care
- Someone is severely mentally impaired
- Disabled person’s band reduction
- Someone has been in the care of Torbay Council
- Unoccupied, empty and uninhabitable properties
- Second homes, holiday homes, caravans and boats
- Information on other way to reduce a bill