We have had to change the way that some of our service operates to meet the guidelines set out by the government in response to the Coronavirus pandemic and to provide additional support for those affected.
If someone living in your home is severely mentally impaired and without them only one ‘adult’ lives there, you can apply for a 25 percent discount on your council tax.
You may not have to pay council tax if everyone living in the property is severely mentally impaired.
For these reductions they must qualify for one of the following:
- Attendance allowance
- Employment and support allowance
- Incapacity benefit
- The high or mid rate care component of disability living allowance (DLA)
- The daily living component of personal independence payment (PIP)
- Severe disablement allowance
- Constant attendance allowance
- The ‘limited capability for work’ or ‘the limited capability for work related elements’ of Universal Credit
- An increase in the rate of disablement pension for constant attendance allowance
- Income support which includes a disability premium
- Unemployability supplement
- Unemployability allowance
We will need proof of the benefit and a completed doctor’s statement.