We aim to ensure all food served and sold in the 2000 food premises in Torbay is safe to eat. We advise businesses on how to comply with food safety legislation. Businesses range from greengrocers to approved fishery establishments.
We carry out the following key functions:
- Inspect all food businesses to check hygiene and food standards
- Provide free impartial advice and support to food business operators
- Implementing and promoting the National Food Hygiene Rating Scheme across Torbay
- Investigate cases of food related illness and other infectious diseases
- Investigate food complaints