We have been allocated £1,764,043 of funding for three years to deliver Torbay’s Shared Prosperity Fund Investment Plan. TDA, on behalf of Torbay Council are now seeking bids from organisations wishing to deliver the interventions within the Investment Plan.
Our UKSPF Investment Plan was created and submitted to Government in August 2022, which sets out how we will allocate its funding. The Investment Plan was approved by Government on the 13 December 2022.
The UK Shared Prosperity Fund interventions are delivered against the following three themes:
- Communities and Place
- Supporting Local Business
- People and skills (2024/25*)
*Due to funding restrictions, the people and skills theme and subsequent interventions are prioritised in 2024/2025. The UKSPF programme is to be delivered across areas from 2022/2023 to 2024/2025.
We will be seeking bids for the following interventions:
Communities and Place
- E3: Creation of and improvements to local green spaces, community gardens, watercourses and embankments, along with incorporating natural features into wider public spaces.
- E9: Funding for impactful volunteering and/or social action projects to develop social and human capital in local places.
- E10: Funding for local sports facilities, tournaments, teams and leagues; to bring people together.
- E13: Community measures to reduce the cost of living, including through measures to improve energy efficiency, and combat fuel poverty and climate change.
Supporting Local Business
- E17: Funding for the development and promotion (both trade and consumer) of the visitor economy, such as local attractions, trails, tours and tourism products more generally.
- E20: Research and development grants supporting the development of innovative products and services.
- E23: Strengthening local entrepreneurial ecosystems, and supporting businesses at all stages of their development to start, sustain, grow and innovate, including through local networks
- E25: Grants to help places bid for and host international business events and conferences that support wider local growth sectors.
- E26: Support for growing the local social economy, including community businesses, cooperatives and social enterprises
- E29: Supporting decarbonisation and improving the natural environment whilst growing the local economy.
The Prospectus provides detailed information on the objectives of the Fund, the types of projects it intends to support and how it operates, including the process and selection criteria used to assess bids. The prospectus also provides additional clarity on definitions for the outputs and outcomes of the UK Shared Prosperity Fund programme.
What type of bids are we looking for?
We are interested in bids that build on local insight and knowledge, and project proposals that align with long-term strategic plans for local growth, more specifically alignment to Torbay’s Economic Growth Strategy 2022 -2030 which can be found at the bottom of this page. Where relevant, we encourage organisations to work together and are looking for bids to be innovative and inspiring in their approach to delivering outputs and outcomes.
Where possible and relevant to the intervention theme, we encourage bids to be aligned to the Torbay Economic Growth Strategy 2022 to 2030 and our deprived areas. This can be found below.
We will be commissioning via low value and higher value contracts. All applications must be made via Torbay Council’s E Tendering Portal. The links for which can be found below:
- Lower Value Contracts: UK Shared Prosperity Fund (RFQ) (due-north.com)
- Higher Value Contracts: UK Shared Prosperity Fund (ATT) (due-north.com)
We have also included below a ‘how to guide ‘which will assist with any queries relating to the fund. All applications will be assessed against the same criteria (specific to their values) and TDA, on behalf of Torbay Council will be commissioning all of the interventions.
For information on procurement timeframes or to ask any direct questions, please go through the Council’s E-Tendering Portal, using the links above.61497,61498,61499
How to register user guide
Torbay UKSPF Investment Plan Summary
This strategy will support ambition to tackle climate change and protect and enhance our naturally inspiring bay.