Torbay, known as the English Riviera, has a strong identity of being a premier coastal resort, with a tourism sector that supports local and regional businesses, creates local jobs, and contributes to the sense of place and quality of life. Torbay has a long history of offering promotional space for hire in retail zones and high footfall areas.
What’s going on in Torbay?
- Tourist destination: average 1 million overnight and 4.5 million visitors per year, contributing £563 million to the local economy.
- Home to a UNESCO Global Geopark: Unique and often spectacular geology and natural environment, with geology and heritage trails.
- Event destination: Torbay Airshow, Torre Abbey exhibitions, food and music festivals
- Regeneration: £21.9 million Town Deal Investment fund for delivery of regeneration projects
- Local Economy: highly entrepreneurial, with many micro-businesses and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), including marine, engineering and aerospace industries
- Seafood Coast: The English Riviera is an international seafood destination
- Innovation: Life sciences, advanced manufacturing, photonics and electronics businesses are all operating in the bay
- Creative Torbay: Film-friendly, performing arts, heritage, craft centres.
Positioned in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty yet with excellent road, air and rail links to national networks. Torbay is within half an hour of the Cities of Exeter and Plymouth, with a recently opened link road connecting us to the motorway network.
There are over 50,000 households in Torbay, with an indicative interest profile:
- Food and Drink, Cooking and Recipes: 8.61%
- Travel, Bus and Rail: 8.81%
- Jobs and Education, Jobs, Job Listings: 10.21%
- Internet and Telecom, Email and Messaging: 10.60%
- Real Estate, Real Estate Listings: 11.17%
- Arts and Entertainment, TV & Video, Online Video: 11.76%
- Home and Garden, Home Furnishings: 12.72%
- Sports, Team Sports, Football: 13.19%
- Arts and Entertainment, Celebrities and Entertainment News: 14.96%
- Autos and Vehicles, Motor Vehicles, Motor Vehicles (used): 21.78%
- News, Weather: 23.61%
- Travel, Hotels and Accommodations: 46.06%
Locations for hire – booking your space
Contact us at Businessdevelopment@torbay.gov.uk to discuss availability and pricing:
- Union Street Torquay: A pedestrianised site in the centre of the retail zone in Torquay. Good access for vehicles, in a high footfall area which hosts a weekly market.
- Princess Gardens: seafront promenade position ideal for visiting markets. Good vehicular access and high footfall.
- Victoria Street Paignton: A prime pedestrianised retail zone with good vehicular access. This site benefits from significant numbers of seasonal visitors.
- Business rates
- Commercial waste and services
- Licensing and permits
- Support for your business
- Consumer advice
- Food safety
- Business services
- Supply us with goods or services
- Find a commercial property to lease
- Find a commercial property to buy
- Find a business event
- Trading Standards advice for businesses
- Community Renewal Fund
- Town Diary - promotional spaces for hire in Torbay
- A guide to remortgaging your property
- English Riviera Destination Management Plan 2022 – 2027
- Torbay UK Shared Prosperity Fund
- Health and Safety at work
- Safer workplace, better business