Accessibility Skip to main content

Home bakers

Before you start trading as a cake maker you should register your business with us.

You should also download and complete our Safer Food Better Business (SFBB) pack. This pack is for you if you produce food from home on a small scale.


You should think about what allergens are in the food you make. You need to provide written information on the allergens contained in the food you make.

For more information and advice visit the FSA's allergen guidance.