Accessibility Skip to main content

Tell us once

Use our 'tell us once' service to report a death to most government organisations in one go.

When someone dies, you will need to tell lots of government organisations and departments. Our 'tell us once' service lets you do this in one go.

After you have registered the death with us we will give you a unique reference number. You can have this information:

Who do we tell

We will tell these government organisations:

  • Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)
  • Pension, Disability and Carers Service
  • Jobcentre Plus
  • Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA)
  • HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
    • Child Benefit
    • Tax Credit
    • Personal Taxation
  • Passport Office
  • Public Sector and Armed Forces Pension Schemes

We'll also tell these local services:

  • Adult Services
  • Blue Badge
  • Bus passes
  • Collection of payment for council services
  • Council Tax and Council Tax Support
  • Electoral Register and Electoral Services
  • Housing Benefit

What you need to bring

We’ll need you to bring these documents with you, if you have them:

  • Current passport
  • Current driving licence
  • Blue Badge parking permit
  • Concessionary bus pass

Contact Registrars