Community Conference 2020
As part of these commitments, we held our second Community Conference on Wednesday 30 September. As we were unable to hold an event in a venue this year due to the COVID restrictions, it was held virtually online so we could continue to engage with as many people as possible.
You can find more information about the conference in our press release.
The event was an opportunity to celebrate Torbay, especially our collective response to Covid-19, to share information about what had taken place since the last conference and to explore opportunities for the future.
Community Conference 2019
The Torbay Community Conference, held on 11 September 2019, was designed to help us develop a new and more engaged relationship with individuals and communities across the Bay. Over 120 people from communities across the Bay participated including our members and senior officers.
Four key overarching messages emerged from Conference discussions:
- There needs to be a change of culture in the Council and in communities.
- Trusted relationships with communities need to be built.
- Communication with communities and individuals needs to improve.
- Celebration of the Bay’s assets and civic pride need to be encouraged.
- Open spaces
- Torbay Lottery
- Tor Bay Harbour
- Museums and theatres
- Community Partnerships
- Armed forces and veterans
- Filming in Torbay
- Torquay Harbour Webcam
- Population Statistics
- Apply to hold an event on our land
- Building stronger communities
- Venue hire
- Mayor’s Special Recognition Award
- Drinking water taps
- Climate change
- Public toilets