Accessibility Skip to main content

Changing or moving schools

How to apply for a school place if you are moving to Torbay or from one area to another within the Bay during the school year.

You can apply to move your child from their current school to another school. This happens outside of the normal admissions process.

We deal with in year applications for most schools in Torbay, but some deal with their own applications.

Before you apply

It is best to take some time to think about which school would be best for your child. You should find out as much as you can about moving schools by:

Moving out of Torbay

If you are moving out of Torbay to another area, you should contact the council in the area you are moving to. They will tell you how to apply for a school place in their area.

Post-16 applications

You will need to contact the school to find out more about their application process.

Applying for a place

You must register for an online account to apply to move schools during the school year.

  • you can list up to 3 schools in order of preference
  • you can provide extra information if you think this would help us to place their child at a school
Apply to change schools during the school year

Supplementary forms

These schools will ask you to fill in an extra form with your application. Contact the school for a copy of the forms you need:

  • All Saints, Babbacombe C of E Primary School
  • Collaton St Mary C of E Primary School
  • Galmpton C of E Primary School
  • Our Lady of the Angels Catholic Primary School
  • Priory RC Primary School
  • Sacred Heart RC Primary School
  • St Margaret Clitherow RC Primary School
  • St Marychurch C of E Primary School
  • Torre C of E Primary School

Your preferred school may prioritise the children of staff in their admission criteria. If you work at the school then you will need to fill in a form to tell the school about your child's application.

You must complete these forms as well as the main application form.

Schools who deal with their own applications

Some schools deal with their own in year applications. You should contact them for more information and to apply

Other useful information

Contact Student Services