Accessibility Skip to main content

Can you get pension age council tax support?

Find out more about how pension age Council Tax Support is worked out.

The current processing time for new applications and changes to benefit claims is an average of 6 weeks.

If you contact us with a general enquiry online we will reply to you within two working days.

Pension age Council tax support (PACTS) provides help to people who are of pension age and on a low income to pay their council tax.

The amount you get depends on how much your council tax is and your household income and circumstances.

EU citizens, EEA and Swiss nationals can make a claim for, or remain entitled to PACTS if they have applied to the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS) and have been granted settled status, or pre-settled status and also have a right to reside.

Was this page helpful?

Let us know how we're doing using the form below. We're constantly trying to improve this website and your feedback is very important to us.

We will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised in this feedback.

Contact Benefits