Accessibility Skip to main content

Looking after someone

Find out how you can get support if you care for a family member or a friend.

You can get help if you look after a family member, friend or neighbour. If they could not do without your help then you are a Carer, unless it is your paid or voluntary job to care. Parents are parent Carers if their child has additional needs. 

You are a Carer if you help someone with:

  • personal care
  • practical help like shopping and cooking
  • making sure they are okay
  • help with managing behaviours
  • lots of other things to support someone

If you help someone with any of these, there is support available for you. If you are not sure you can check if you are a Carer.

If you care for someone and need urgent help or need to discuss the person you care for call 01803 219700.


Return to Adult health and wellbeing

Contact Signposts for Carers