We are required by the Government to set out and publish a ‘Local Offer’. The purpose of the ‘Local Offer’ is to provide clear accessible information about services available in the area, for parents and young people.
The local offer must:
- Provide information on provision from birth to 25 across education, health and social care
- Make clear the options that are available at a community level right through to specialist and targeted services for children and young people with more complex needs.
- Be developed in conjunction with parent and carers and young people
If you would like further information on Torbay’s implementation of the SEND Reforms or would like further information about how to participate, please contact us or visit our Special Educational Needs (SEN) and Disabilities, Local Offer page on the Family Information Service Directory.
Information about accessing Local Offer in Torbay.
please print and use to help raise awareness of the Local Offer in Torbay
Asking young people about the Local Offer
Results of Local Offer user survey conducted in March & April 2015
PHAB Club review of Local Offer carried out in April 2015
Feedback from young people and parents on useful content to include in a webpage about a service
Task group objectives
The Special Educational Needs Local Offer Regulations 2014 Clause 30
Feedback and response from the Parent’s Participation ‘co-production’ event on 10/3/14
Guidance template for completing the SEN Information report.
Guidance for how to complete the social care local offer form
Guidance for how to complete the health local offer form
Contact SEND Reforms
- Email: SENDreforms@torbay.gov.uk
- Find a school
- School term dates
- Apply for a school place
- Free school meals
- Special educational needs and disability (SEND)
- School travel assistance
- Information for schools
- Adult learning
- Complain about a school
- Music in Torbay
- School governors
- Home Education
- Torbay School Relocation to Parkfield
- School Improvement
- Torbay Virtual School