We do not have a duty to investigate complaints about schools.

All schools are required to have a complaints policy. You should ask your child's school for a copy of their policy so that you know exactly how they will deal with them and who you should contact. This will normally involve raising your concerns with the Headteacher followed by a complaint to the school governors if you remain unhappy.

If you feel the problem is still not resolved

If you have been unable to resolve your complaint and you think your school is acting 'unreasonably' you can write to the Secretary of State for Education. Complaints to the Secretary of State are handled by the government’s Department for Education (DfE).

  Complain about a school to the DfE Opens in a new window

Are there any complaints the Council can look at?

We can investigate concerns or complaints about any of the following: