If your group intends to undertake practical tasks, and hold events then you will require insurance, usually public liability insurance (which covers accidents to the public onsite) and personal accident insurance (to provide compensation for your volunteers). You may need insurance to ensure that all tools and storage facilities are covered for loss or theft.

Please be aware that insurance for Friends groups does not currently come under the auspices of us.

Insurance can be obtained from any reputable Broker or Insurer direct who will provide advice as to the necessary requirements to best protect the insurance exposure of the group. Friends groups can also gain cover by becoming affiliated to their local Community Partnership in Torbay.