Dogs are not allowed on certain beaches from 1 May to 30 September each year. During this time period dogs must also be kept on a lead on promenades adjacent to the beaches where dogs are not allowed.
At all times, if your dog is excitable or doesn’t respond well to your commands, it should be kept on a lead regardless of whether it is on a beach or a promenade.
Check the lists below to see where and when you can exercise your dog.
Dogs are allowed on the following beaches all year round.
Dogs are not allowed on the following beaches between 1 May and 30 September.
- Breakwater Beach
- Broadsands Beach
- Corbyn Head
- Goodrington Sands - South Sands: between the cliffs at the southern end and the signs at Middlestone to the North
- Hollicombe Beach
- Meadfoot Beach - South western part between notices displayed on the foreshore
- Oddicombe Beach
- Paignton Sands
- Preston Sands
- Shoalstone Pool
- Torre Abbey Sands
- Pest and vermin control
- Unauthorised encampments
- Report anti social behaviour
- Air quality
- Contaminated land
- High hedges
- Paignton and Preston Seafront Masterplan
- Litter and litter bins
- Public Space Protection Orders
- Report a dead animal on a road or footpath