This strategy sets out what Torbay will aim to achieve through partnership arrangements between the LA, educational settings, parents/carers, children and young people, other agencies and services in health and social care, including adult services and the voluntary sector.
The SEND strategy is a key element in delivering aspects of the Children and Young People’s plan for 2014-2019. These plans aim to give all children and young people the best start in life so they are safe, happy and healthy to reach their full potential.26221
Our vision and priorities for 2016-20 for children and young people with SEND in Torbay (Updated Feb 2019).
The SEND Strategy Action Plan is being delivered by the SEND Operational Leads group. The local area is kept informed of progress in the following ways:-
- SEND Operational Leads - Action Plan Updates – (6 monthly) (includes governance arrangements)
- SEND Briefing Sessions - (a series of briefing sessions for stakeholders every 6 months)
- SEND Newsletters (distributed to parents, schools, local authority and health partners)
Accessibility Strategy 2017 - 2020
This strategy details how we will support schools in meeting the needs of disabled pupils in Torbay and raising their attainment. The purpose of the strategy is to ensure that accessibility of the curriculum, the physical environment and information for disabled pupils is central to the delivery of services. The strategy aims to provide information and a framework to help schools create individual accessibility plans.27796,27913
How we support schools in meeting the needs of disabled pupils and raising their attainment.
Short Breaks Statement
The Short Breaks Statement explains all about opportunities for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disability living in Torbay to receive short breaks. It includes:
- explanation of what short breaks are;
- eligibility for an assessment;
- access arrangements; and
- other relevant useful information.
This information is for families living in Torbay who have a disabled child aged 0 to 18 years.
- How the council works
- Get a job working for us
- Leader of the Council
- Get in touch
- Voting and elections
- Finance and budgets
- Plans, policies and strategies
- Information and data
- Civic Mayor
- Brixham Town Council
- Pay an invoice
- Performance Management
- Fraud within or against the council
- 0-19yrs Integrated Commissioning Project
- 0to19 Integrated Contract
- Achievements, Honours and Awards
- Social Value
- Climate Change