There is extra funding available from the government’s Household Support Fund and this will enable us to give people on low incomes financial support to those who would otherwise struggle with energy bills and food.
The maximum award we can provide is £50 towards food and for those applicants who are liable to pay energy costs, another £50 towards those costs (£100 in total).
Only one application will be considered per household for the scheme from 1 April to 30 September 2022. Households that previously applied for support for the period 1 December 21 to 31 March 2022 are welcome to reapply.
Funding from the Household Support Fund has been allocated for food vouchers for Free School Meals-eligible children and young people.
Eligible children from early years through to college are identified by their education provider.
Your child’s nursery, school or college provider will issue communication about each holiday period on behalf of the council.
There is a limited budget available for working-aged and pension-aged households and this scheme will close when funding is no longer available.
Who can we help?
To be considered for Household Support, you must be:
- over 16 years of age
- living in Torbay
- working age and receiving a welfare benefit
- pension age and receiving pension credit
Any help given from the Household Support Scheme does not have to be repaid and will be paid directly into your bank account.
Other financial support
Other ways to apply
Paper application forms will be available from all libraries.
- Email it to Welfaresupport@torbay.gov.uk
- Post it to Welfare Support, Torbay Council, Torquay Town Hall, Castle Circus, TQ1 3DS
- Put it in the Welfare Support postbox on the corner of the Town Hall
What happens once I submit my application?
- We may call or email you to discuss your application and any supporting evidence we need. Some details of your claim may be checked with the Department of Work and Pensions and other council departments.
- We will contact you as soon as your application has been reviewed by one of the team.
- If you are unhappy with a decision we make about your application you can ask us to look at it.