The current processing time for new applications and changes to benefit claims is an average of 6 weeks.

If you contact us with a general enquiry online we will reply to you within two working days.

Housing Benefit stops when a claim for Universal Credit is made.

If your Housing Benefit payments were being reduced because you were paying back an overpayment, any amount still outstanding will need to be repaid. We will send an invoice for the total amount due.

Being sent an invoice doesn’t give new appeal rights. An appeal needs to be made within one month of the original letter we sent telling you that you had been overpaid.

You can get more information at What to do if you disagree with a Housing Benefit decision.