We license venues in Torbay for civil ceremonies. If a licence is granted it must be renewed every three years.
Before you apply for a licence, your venue must:
- Be a permanent structure or a permanently moored boat or other vessel. It should have a minimum of two rooms, one for the ceremony and one for confidential interviewing. In exceptional circumstances the need for a second room for interviewing may be waived.
- Not have a current or recent religious connection
- Be a seemly and dignified venue for the proceedings
- Be regularly available to the public
- Have public liability insurance and a current fire risk assessment
The application procedure for a licence is very straightforward and advice is available throughout the process. Complete and submit the application form below with all relevant documentation and fee to the address provided on the application form.
Once we have received the application we will arrange a visit to carry out an inspection and place a statutory public notice in the local press.
21 days after the notice has been placed, if we have received no objections to the licensing of your venue, your venue will become approved and a licence will be granted which is valid for three years.
If a licence is granted and during the 3 year period you would like an additional room to be included in the licence, you will need to complete the application and provide a suitable plan of the area.
|Licence an approved premise||£1442|
|Renew a licence for an approved premise||£1030|
|Additional room to be added toa current licence||£103|
Guidance notes on applying to become an approved premises for civil weddings and civil partnership ceremonies.
Notes on the requirements before an approval may be granted.
Details of the conditions to be attached to grants of approval.
Additional information including renewal, revocation, reviews and registration.
Information for those wishing to marry or register a civil partnership on approved premises.
Below are the current applications for approved premises licences in Torbay.10104
Wedding venue licence application - advertised from 6 December 2019
Wedding venue licence application - advertised from 23 October 2019
- Book to register a birth
- Book to register a death
- Book to give notice
- Book a date for your ceremony
- Copy certificates
- Marriages and civil partnerships
- Citizenship ceremonies
- Other ceremonies
- Changing a child name
- Re-register following the marriage of the natural parents
- Adding the father's details to the birth record
- Gender recognition
- Correcting a birth, death or marriage registration