You can change your child’s forename within 12 months of birth being registered. You need to complete one of the forms below depending on the circumstances and provide the relevant documents.
The Registrar will then contact you to arrange an appointment. Fee of £40 applicable in addition to the cost of a replacement birth certificate.
New forenames were given when the child was baptised by a Christian Church.3245
Your child has not been baptised but you’ve given them new forenames.3244
If you wish to change a name of a child after 12 months of the registration you will need to use the deed poll process.
- Book to give notice
- Book a date for your ceremony
- Copy certificates
- Marriages and civil partnerships
- Citizenship ceremonies
- Other ceremonies
- Changing a child name
- Re-register following the marriage of the natural parents
- Adding the father's details to the birth record
- Gender recognition
- Correcting a birth, death or marriage registration
- Approved Venues
- Torbay Register Office
- The Ceremony Room
- Ceremony Room Civil Partnership Schedule Brochure
- Torbay Register Office Civil Partnership Brochure