Grants of up to £15,000 are now available for not-for-profit organisations and small businesses to support you in taking community action in Torbay and your local area.
The Community Action Grants can be used to support individuals, not-for-profit organisations and small businesses that want to deliver projects which improve the lives of our residents, as well as the environment of Torbay itself. Small businesses will be eligible if they occupy a property, or part of a property, with a rateable value of £15,000 or less.
The Action Grants can be used to support projects which look at contributing to the visions contained within our Community and Corporate Plan, which are:
- Create or develop new groups, activities and places that improve our local communities and the lives of people of all ages who live there.
- Maintain or improve existing groups, activities or buildings that benefit the local community.
- Develops and supports culture in Torbay, making it a better place to live, work and learn.
- Encourage groups and communities to come together to support themselves and others.
Projects should highlight the benefit to the wider community and show that community engagement and co-production have taken place in the design and delivery of the project, showing that there is a real community need.
We want to invest in our communities so that they can develop the resources and resilience to achieve their own aspirations, priorities and long-lasting solutions.
Who can apply for a Community Action Grant?
Applications are encouraged from constituted and not-for-profit Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) sector groups and organisations within Torbay, or a combination of groups working together. They should be representative of their local area.
Applications may be considered by organisations that are based outside the area if the sole benefit of the project is for communities within Torbay.
Eligible bodies may be, but are not limited to:
- Brixham Town Council
- Constituted Neighbourhood Committees, Residents Associations, Community Groups and Voluntary Organisations
- Social Enterprises
- Community Interest Companies
- Community Benefit Societies
- Charities and trusts
Consideration will also be given to applicants who are sole traders and small businesses provided the project is mainly for community benefit. As already mentioned, small businesses are those which occupy a property, or part of a property, with a rateable value of £15,000 or less.
How can you apply?
You can apply by downloading and completing the application form below. This form provides all the details on the terms and conditions and how to submit.
Applications received will be considered on their merits taking into account how the project will deliver outcomes which support the aims of One Torbay, whilst demonstrating strong community support and need.
Our Head of Policy, Performance and Community Engagement will determine each application, having received feedback from the Leader and Deputy Leader of the Council and councillors from the appropriate ward.
We will aim to ensure that there is a fair geographical spread across the whole of Torbay of
projects which are supported through this funding.
- Email: email@example.com
- Open spaces
- Torbay Lottery
- Tor Bay Harbour
- Museums and theatres
- Community Partnerships
- Armed forces and veterans
- Filming in Torbay
- Torquay Harbour Webcam
- Population Statistics
- Apply to hold an event on our land
- Building stronger communities
- Venue hire
- Drinking water taps
- Climate change
- Public toilets
- Flying a drone
- Torbay stands with Ukraine
- Essential information for Ukrainian guests
- Platinum Jubilee
- Food For Good Torbay
- English Riviera Destination Management Plan 2022 – 2027