We have had to change the way that some of our services operate to meet the guidelines set out by the government in response to the Coronavirus pandemic.
For all productions where children will be performing, applications for a Licence must be made to us by the producer/responsible person 14-28 days before the first date of the performance/activity. Rehearsals do not count towards the number of days permitted.
We can issue a licence for amateur productions to responsible adults (a Body of Persons) such as dramatic societies or youth organisations where child performance licences would otherwise be required for the individual children who participate. This is particularly useful for organisations that put on regular performances with large numbers of children as the amount of administrative work involved for each performance is greatly reduced.
The granting of a BOPA Licence is not appropriate if:
- The child and/or the Parent/Guardian will receive any payment other than for reimbursement of actual expenses AND/OR
- The child has taken part in performances with any organisation on more than four days in the previous 6 months including the planned performance (provided that there isn’t any absence from school).
Applications must be completed by the person responsible for the production.7470,34476
A guide to applying for a licence to allow children to perform at a venue for all productions in a year.
Any person who holds a BOPA Certificate is responsible for ensuring that Children are supervised at all times and under the charge of a chaperone approved by this Local Authority (except when in the charge of a parent/guardian or tutor).
If you do not comply with chaperone regulations, your insurance may be invalidated and/or you/the children’s parents may be liable to legal proceedings.
- COVID-19 support for businesses
- Business rates
- Commercial waste and services
- Licensing and permits
- Support for your business
- Consumer advice
- Food safety
- Health and safety at work
- Safer workplace, better business
- Business services
- Supply us with goods or services
- Find a commercial property to lease
- Find a commercial property to buy
- Find a business event
- Trading Standards advice for businesses
- Report a COVID-19 concern or complaint