You can only make a new claim for Housing Benefit if you meet one of the following criteria:
- You are single and of state pension credit qualifying age, or
- Part of a couple and are both of state pension credit qualifying age, or
- Part of a couple and been continuously receiving Pension Credit since at least 14/05/19
- You can find your Pension Credit qualifying age using Check your state pension age
- Live in supported accommodation
- Have been placed in temporary accommodation by the Local Authority
If not you need to claim Universal Credit Opens in a new window False for help with paying your rent.