Accessibility Skip to main content

What we can tell you about your tenants

Information on the what details we can give a landlord or agent.

Your tenants can only make a new claim for Housing Benefit if: 

  • A single person is of state pension age. Or if they are part of a couple and at least one of them was state pension age on 14 May 2019.
    You can find the Pension Credit qualifying age using Check your State Pension age
  • You provide them with supported accommodation
  • They have been placed in temporary accommodation by the Local Authority

If not they need to claim Universal Credit.

Housing Benefit is legally your tenant’s income, so the details of any benefit claim they make is confidential.

If Housing Benefit is not being paid to you, we cannot even tell you if a benefit claim has been made.

If you are receiving the Housing Benefit directly for a tenant, we can tell you:

  • The weekly entitlement
  • When benefit starts and finishes
  • When the entitlement changes

If you want more details than this, we can only give this to you if your tenant asks us to.

This page was last updated over three months ago

Was this page helpful?

Let us know how we're doing using the form below. We're constantly trying to improve this website and your feedback is very important to us.

We will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised in this feedback.

Contact Landlord information