Road safety is of the upmost importance to both us and the residents of Torbay.
We want Torbay’s communities to come together to help reduce the number of casualties and fatal incidents on our roads.
Whether you walk, drive, or use two wheels, we all have a part to play in ensuring Torbay’s roads are safe for all users.
Every one of us has a responsibility to stay alert to other road users and pedestrians.
Together with everyone in the local community we want to:
- Reduce the number of pedestrian casualties
- Increase education for learner and young drivers
- Reduce motorcycle casualties in particular young scooter riders and riders on larger sports bikes
- Stop careless or dangerous road user behaviour
- Stop illegal and inappropriate use of speed
The information on our road safety pages has been put together to help and advise you on how we can all do our bit to make Torbay’s roads safer.