Temporary traffic signs can be used to guide traffic to:
- Major sporting events
- Other public gatherings
- New developments
Temporary traffic signs may be granted for a limited time to guide traffic going to special events that are expected to attract large volumes of traffic.
They can also be granted for a new developments to identify suitable routes for deliveries where regular deliveries are from suppliers who are over 10 miles away.
Temporary signs are intended to assist road safety and reduce congestion by giving clear directions to road users seeking the best route to an event or new development.
Requests will only be accepted from approved signing contractors who
- Hold a certificate demonstrating competent knowledge of Chapter 8 of the Traffic Signs Manual
- Have a minimum Public Liability insurance of £5,000,000
To request a sign a schedule detailing the type of sign, locations, fixing details and a proposed legend must be emailed to us at least one calendar month before the sign is needed.
All requests must also meet our terms and conditions set out in the following document.18788
Temporary signs for events and new developments.
- Report a problem with a road or pavement
- Highway maintenance
- Road safety
- Travel Torbay
- Highways licenses and permits
- Heavy and abnormal loads
- Helicopter landings
- Report a dead animal on a road or footpath
- Apply for access lines
- Report parking problems
- Adding drivers to your vehicle insurance
- highways related plans, policies and reports.