When someone dies, you will need to report the death to many government organisations and departments. Tell Us Once is a service that lets you do this in one go.

After you have registered the death with the registrar, they may complete the Tell Us Once service with you. If not, they will give you a unique Tell Us Once reference number and you can access the service online.

Get more information and use the Tell Us Once online service:

  GOV.UK - Tell Us Once


Tell Us Once can be used to notify many services, these include:

  • HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
  • Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)
  • Passport Office
  • Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA)
  • Public Sector and Armed Forces Pension Schemes
  • Local council services
    • Housing Benefit
    • Council Tax Support
    • Council Tax
    • Blue Badge
    • Electoral Register
    • Electoral Services
    • Blue Badges
    • Adult Services
    • Concessionary Travel
    • Collection of payment for council services