When the death has been registered by the registrar, you will be given a green form which authorises the burial or cremation to go ahead.
You can choose to use a funeral director or organise the funeral yourself.
The National Association of Funeral Directors Opens in a new window maintain a list of funeral directors who have signed up to a code of practice.
Where no suitable funeral arrangements have been made for someone who died in Torbay, we may have a duty to help out. This is called a public funeral.
- Book to register a birth
- Book to register a death
- Book to give notice
- Book a date for your ceremony
- Copy certificates
- Marriages and civil partnerships
- Citizenship ceremonies
- Other ceremonies
- Changing a child name
- Re-register following the marriage of the natural parents
- Adding the father's details to the birth record
- Gender recognition
- Correcting a birth, death or marriage registration