We have had to change the way that some of our service operates to meet the guidelines set out by the government in response to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Each country has separate regulations for getting married or forming a civil partnership. It is your responsibility to ensure you have the correct paperwork to marry in your chosen country.
Use the tool on Getting married abroad Opens in a new window to find out who you need to contact. Some countries will request a Certificate of No Impediment. These can only be provided for British nationals.
- Book to register a birth
- Book to register a death
- Book to give notice
- Book a date for your ceremony
- Copy certificates
- Marriages and civil partnerships
- Citizenship ceremonies
- Other ceremonies
- Changing a child name
- Re-register following the marriage of the natural parents
- Adding the father's details to the birth record
- Gender recognition
- Correcting a birth, death or marriage registration