Applying for a third-party licence
Any partner agency or external organisation that wishes to use our logo, or produce materials on our behalf, is required to apply for a third-party licence.
The simple form captures contact information, so that we can circulate updates to our guidelines if necessary. It also asks for the duration of use (for example if a contract is in place for a certain number of months or years).
On approval, you will receive a copy of our logo pack, which includes a range of file formats for printed and digital media, plus our visual identity guidelines.
Complete the third-party licence application
Terms and conditions
- These terms relate to the following organisational logos/guidelines:
- Torbay Council
- Tor Bay Harbours
- If granted permission to use the Torbay Council, Tor Bay Harbours and/or SWISCo logos, you will do so in accordance with our terms.
- Licences may be granted for several reasons. This includes, but is not limited to:
- organisations creating items on our behalf (for example, uniform manufacturers, design agencies)
- organisations providing a service on our behalf (for example, contractors or partnership arrangements)
- approved suppliers of goods/services (for example recruitment agencies, catering services)
- Permission is granted on a case-by-case basis.
- Our grant of permission at one point does not prevent us from revoking that permission at a later point. Any revocation can be for whatever reason and at the complete discretion of the Council.
- Torbay Council owns the identities and branding devices / logos, and these are protected by law.
- Logos are provided ‘as is’ and must not be altered in any way.
- You agree to use the logo/s in accordance with our guidelines.
Complete visual identity terms and conditions
- If Torbay Council approves your request to use the logo/s, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (the “Agreement”).
- You agree to comply with the accompanying visual identity guidelines. So long as you do so, and provided that Torbay Council expressly approves your permission request, Torbay Council grants you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, royalty-free limited license to use the logo/s set forth in your corresponding Permission Request Form for the sole purpose and duration set forth therein.
- Permission will be granted for the duration of the contract/project/partnership.
- If an organisation wishes to publicise their involvement with the council (for example by including the council logo on a list of previous clients) they may do so for up to 2 years after the contract/partnership/project end date.
- Licences will be granted per organisation, with a single point of contact. This person will be responsible for ensuring that items produced by their organisation are in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- If you are producing materials on behalf of or in partnership with Torbay Council, Tor Bay Harbours and/or SWISCo, please send a mock-up to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to production, so that we can check these guidelines have been used correctly.
- If you produce similar items on a regular basis, you will only need to send the first item for approval.
- Torbay Council reserves the right in its sole discretion to terminate or modify your permission to display or use the logo/s, and to take action against any use that does not conform to these terms and conditions, infringes any Torbay Council intellectual property or other right, or violates applicable law.
- Except as set forth above, nothing herein grants or should be deemed to grant to you any right, title or interest in or to the Torbay Council, Tor Bay Harbours or SWISCo logos.
- You agree not to challenge or assist others to challenge the Torbay Council, Tor Bay Harbours or SWISCo visual identities (except to the extent such restriction is prohibited by applicable law), and you agree not to register or attempt to register any sub-brands, domain names, trademarks, trade names, or other distinctive brand features that may be similar to those of Torbay Council / Tor Bay Harbours or SWISCo.
- The Torbay Council, Tor Bay Harbours and SWISCo logos are provided “as is” and must not be altered in any way.
- You may not assign your rights or delegate your obligations under this Agreement without Torbay Council’s prior written consent. This Agreement is not intended to benefit, nor shall it be deemed to give rise to, any rights in any third party. This Agreement, the Visual Identity Guidelines, and the Permission Request Form, constitute the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof.
- How the council works
- Get a job working for us
- Leader of the Council
- Get in touch
- Voting and elections
- Finance and budgets
- Plans, policies and strategies
- Information and data
- Civic Mayor
- Brixham Town Council
- Pay an invoice
- Performance Management
- Fraud within or against the council
- 0-19yrs Integrated Commissioning Project
- 0to19 Integrated Contract
- Achievements, Honours and Awards
- Social Value
- Climate Change
- Torbay Climate Emergency Action Plan