The Department for Transport has allocated £413,000 of capital funding to Torbay Council for the 2017/18 financial year, as part of its new Productivity and Investment Fund, announced in the Chancellor’s 2016 Autumn Statement.
The funding is for local highway and other local transport improvements which aims to reduce congestion at key locations, upgrade or improve the maintenance of local highway assets across England, outside London, to improve access to employment and housing or to develop economic and job creation opportunities.
Torbay Council is required to publish its proposals for highway schemes to be carried out under this funding for the 2017/18 financial year and these are as follows:
- Replacement of unsupported or obsolete operational communications systems for a number of existing traffic signal junctions to ensure continuing operation and management of intelligent signals.
- Traffic Management apparatus to provide effective traffic management to the new Edginswell Junction to the A380 South Devon Highway including Variable Message signs and Junction CCTV camera to provide resilience to this major junction and the surrounding network and ensure efficient traffic flow.
- Traffic Signal Replacement to A380 Scotts Bridge Junction (recently widened) to provide improved connection to Edginswell Junction and install MOVA to reduce congestion at peak times.
- Long Road Paignton, New 3 Bay Bus Bay to Serve South Devon College to reduce traffic congestion and improve Public Transport Usage. Construction to be part funded by contribution from the College as part of their current expansion.
- Carriageway Repairs and Reconstruction to deteriorating undulating surface on sections of the A3022 in Paignton to improve route quality for public transport.
The works are due to be completed by the end of March 2018.
- How the council works
- Get a job working for us
- Leader of the Council
- Get in touch
- Voting and elections
- Finance and budgets
- Plans, policies and strategies
- Information and data
- Civic Mayor
- Honorary Freeman of Torbay
- Brixham Town Council
- Pay an invoice
- Performance Management
- Achievements and awards
- Fraud within or against the council
- Fit for the future
- 0-19yrs Integrated Commissioning Project
- Community Governance Review of Torbay
- Preparing for Brexit