Accessibility Skip to main content

Notification of interest

Find out how to declare your interest in a premises licence.

If you are the freeholder, leaseholder or occupier of a property which has a premises licence in accordance with the Licensing Act 2003, then you may notify us and we will advise you when an application is received in respect of those premises.

Registration is discretionary and not therefore a legal requirement.


If the premises is located in Torbay you must submit a notification of interest to us with

Apply for notification of interest

Paper applications

You can also submit a notification of interest by downloading and completing an application form and sending it us.


The fee for submitting a notification of interest is £21.

Who can submit a notification?

A person (which will include a business or company) with a property interest in any premises situated in the Licensing Authority's area may give notice of their interest to the Licensing Authority using a prescribed form and on payment of a fee.

Those who may take advantage of this arrangement may include:

  • The freeholder; the leaseholder
  • A legal mortgagee in respect of the premises
  • A person in occupation of the premises or
  • Any other person as prescribed by the Secretary of State.

What happens next?

For 12 months from the date of your notification, we will inform you of any changes to the statutory register which relate to those premises.
This includes all applications for:

  • Premises Licences
  • Club Premises Certificates
  • Provisional Statements
  • Temporary Event Notices

As listed in Schedule 3 of the Licensing Act 2003.

At the end of the 12 month period, if you wish to still be notified of any applications in respect of the licensed premises, a new notification and prescribed fee will have to be submitted.

Contact Licensing