We will be undertaking a review of all cases where discretionary charitable relief for Business Rates has been granted.

This review will be undertaken after 1 April 2023 and is required to ensure that relief remains applicable in line with our current policy.

Any organisation that qualifies for 80 per cent mandatory rate relief can also apply for discretionary rate relief for the remaining 20 per cent of the rates bill.

This relief can also be granted for up to 100 per cent of the rates charged to certain non-profit making organisations. To be eligible the property must be used for charitable, religious or educational purposes, run for the good of the local community or used wholly or mainly for recreation.

We cannot consider an application for discretionary relief without the accounts for your organisation. You will need to provide the most recent audited accounts, or if you do not have these, the latest draft accounts.

To complete the review please download the application form and return it to business.rates@torbay.gov.uk

  Download the application form