You may receive a fixed penalty notice (FPN) if:
- Your child was absent from School for 10 or more sessions (5 or more days) due to an unauthorised holiday;OR
- Your child has accrued 10 or more sessions of unauthorised absence in any 6 month period.
A FPN may be issued per parent and per child and you are given two payment options, these are:
- Pay £60 within 21 days of receipt of the FPN
- Pay £120 between 28 days of receipt of the FPN
If you do not pay the FPN, we may start prosecution proceedings, unless the FPN was issued in error in which case it will be withdrawn.
Once we start prosecution proceedings you will be summoned to appear in court where you will have the opportunity to explain your situation to the court. If you plead guilty or are found guilty, the court could issue you to pay a fine of up to £1000.
- Find a school
- School term dates
- Apply for a school place
- Free school meals
- Special educational needs and disability (SEND)
- School travel assistance
- Information for schools
- Adult learning
- Complain about a school
- Music in Torbay
- School governors
- Home Education
- Torbay School Relocation to Parkfield
- School Improvement
- Torbay Virtual School