Each country has separate regulations for getting married or forming a civil partnership. It is your responsibility to ensure you have the correct paperwork to marry in your chosen country.
Use the tool on Getting married abroad Opens in a new window to find out who you need to contact. Some countries will request a Certificate of No Impediment. These can only be provided for British nationals.
- Register a birth
- Marriages and civil partnerships
- Book a date for your ceremony
- Copy certificates
- Citizenship ceremonies
- Other ceremonies
- Changing a child name
- Re-register following the marriage of the natural parents
- Adding the father's details to the birth record
- Gender recognition
- Correcting a birth, death or marriage registration