We are supporting a campaign being run by the Devon and Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Local Resilience Forum to encourage and help people make sure they are prepared for an emergency.
A film, leaflet Opens in a new window and Home Emergency Plan Opens in a new window to help people prepare for an emergency has been produced. Both the film and the leaflet encourage you to stay safe and have a CLEAR plan by following five easy steps:
- Check the radio, television, social media or internet for weather warnings and news that might warn you that an emergency situation is likely to occur.
- Keep a List of important numbers and details (like insurance policy numbers and prescriptions) to hand.
- Have an Emergency Bag prepared with items that would help you
- Know how and when to Act, should the worst happen.
- This will all help you to Recover better once the emergency has passed
- Current emergencies
- Our role before, during and after an emergency
- How you can prepare for an emergency
- Flooding and extreme weather
- Preventing violent extremism and terrorism
- Advice on business continuity
- Bonfire Night safety advice
- Halloween safety advice
- Festive safety advice
- Report a crime or concern
- Fire safety advice
- Safer Communities Torbay